Wednesday, August 02, 2006

07.31.06 - From Here to Delivery

What is your favorite canon? That is, which canon do you find yourself most interested in and why?

Having just put together my paper on Delivery, that does seem like the most obvious answer. And, in truth, it probably is my favorite, as I do like those final stages of a project. That is, the formatting and polishing of a written piece or the oral delivery of a speech, including how I speak, what unexpected tangents I go on or the audience (which might just be a class) takes me on. I must say I do like the process of arrangement, as well, especially arrangement that comes after the piece is, essentially, complete. I like having all of the pieces there (invention) and then organizing them in the way that best fits the argument. In some cases, it seems rather fun, not unlike a puzzle. At times, it can even become somewhat chaotic in the sense that I shuffle the pieces and ideas so much it is difficult to keep track of everything, but eventually the pieces come together and the clearest discourse can be presented.

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Alec said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Alec said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Alec said...

I'm like you, all elements are important however I chose Delivery too. Arrangement is also quite interesting. Like you said, you can shuffle the pieces and it becomes a mess, however you can also take those pieces and create new forms of discourse. Gotta love our language!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home